Thursday, October 16, 2008

actKM Day 2 (and that's 50)

Wow! My 50th post!

As you are probably aware I am not the most frequent of bloggers so to get to 50 is a bit of a milestone for me.

After recovering from an evening of fun a frivolity (actKM Collaboration Cabaret) it was back to the uncomfortable chairs for another day of sharing and learning.

Day two was another great day at the 2008 actKM Conference with highlights including:

  • Serena Joyner wrapping up the actKM Collaboration Cabaret. A great effort at pre-conference collaboration mixed with social activities at the event. We have to do this again next year.
  • Laurie Lock Lee gave an insight and example activity of Value Network Analysis. I had read up on this a while back but had never attempted one. Good props and interesting exercise tp help produce a Partnership Scorecard. Thanks Laurie.
  • Matthew Hodgson shared his perspective of the evolution of KM.
  • I got up and danced around (presentation).
  • Dave Snowden shared some interesting perspectives on narrative and storytelling and shared some of his current projects. Always a delight to hear Dave's stories. The man can talk.
  • The day was finished off with a Reverse Brainstorming Activity facilitated by David Gurteen. A good fun exercise although I am not too sure about the whistle. Every time it was blown I looked around to see who had been fouled.
It all ended too quickly and I eagerly anticipate the next opportunity to get together with my peers again. Thanks to all those who attended. It was great to get aquainted and to reaquaint. Well done to the organisers. You guys dun real good!!

I was just uploading my slides from yesterday's workshop when I came across this wonderful little Presentation Pack widget they provide (funnily enought it's called the Egowidget) that allows you to package up the presentations you have on slideshare and present them in your blog.


Fun for the whole family.

Cory

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Cory,

Nice to see you using our presentation-pack widget :)

Better still, use the 'Portrait' layout available for this widget [http://www.slideshare.net/widgets/presentation-pack] from the drop down options. That one will fit nicely into your post and wont clip.

Corza said...

Thanks for the tip.

Cory

Anonymous said...

Is David Gruteen related to David Greenteam at all? 8-) LOL

Corza said...

I think it was Andrew who mentioned the wonderful fact that you could post on a blog and not have to worry about people correcting spelling mistakes.

Cory

Anonymous said...

Hi Cory --

You may subscribe to the VNA toolkit, fieldbook and support here...

http://valuenetworks.com/

-j
http://xri.net/=jheuristic

Corza said...

Thanks for the link.

I'm familiar with the site.

Thanks

Cory